The Senate Page Program
PAGING ALL UNDERGRADS.
Check out this opportunity to work for Parliament while you study in the nation’s capital.
- A full-time student pursuing your first undergraduate degree?
- Willing to live in Ottawa or Gatineau for the duration of your contract while pursuing your studies at one of the region’s four universities?
- Able to communicate in both official languages?
- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident with no previous experience as a page?
- Interested in learning about Canada’s parliamentary system?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you are eligible to apply to the Senate Page Program.
You can apply no matter where you live in Canada. If you are successful, you will study at one of our four partner
universities: the University of Ottawa, Carleton University, Saint Paul University or l’Université du Québec en Outaouais for the duration of your contract.
HERE’S THE DEAL
The Senate Page Program offers students a paid opportunity to work within Canada’s parliamentary system.
Each year, 15 students from across Canada are selected to participate in this program. As a Senate Page You would be responsible for providing a range of services to ensure the effective operation of the Senate and its committees. In return you will witness parliamentary activities that make history such as when bills are debated, amended, and then become law and when Senate committees discuss draft reports that influence public policy in our country.
AND earn approximately $14,000 for the year of part-time work.
We will pay all relevant travel expenses to get you to Ottawa and home after your contract is completed.
During your one-year contract as a Senate page, you will live in Canada’s beautiful National Capital region, home to the ByWard Market, the Rideau Canal and Gatineau Park.
Live, work and study in the Ottawa-Gatineau region.
Interested? Here’s what to do.
- Create your profile at jobs.sencanada.ca/MyProfile.
- Select the Senate Page Program job opportunity.
- Submit your application with your cover letter and CV.